Monday, July 9, 2012

believe me

when i say there are still moments when i drown in my own silence and in my own tears.

and that there are still moments i wonder if we could actually make this work. if i am actually the one for you. if you have met the person you want to spend the rest of your life with in me. i wonder quietly if i have made the last two years worthy of remembrance.

and in the last two years i have often thought whether you have fully understood just how much i love you. whether you have actually seen how much of my own loneliness my heart stood to battle so i can continue being with you, so i can continue loving you, so i can continue. i have asked myself ceaselessly - have i done enough to make you realize how much you are loved? have i done enough to make you see how much you have taught me about patience and passion, how much we both have gained because we made the choice to be here?

this is one such moment i would like to offer you - i know i will never be empty of words or thoughts to name after you. and though i know this barely resembles the feel of my touch or the taste of my kiss, i want for you to believe that this is as real as everything about me could get, all because this would not exist without you. because you have triumphed in giving this meaning.


No comments:

Post a Comment