Thursday, May 24, 2012

celebrating you

it feels like nothing will ever suffice.

it feels like i can go on like this forever.

that i can go on celebrating you - the woman who constantly amazes me.  the person who has kept me from straying.  the wonderful being who has sustained me for as long as i could remember.

the gift that never stops giving.

that is who you are.  that is who you will always be to me.

i have come to the humbling truth that there can possibly not be anything that would measure to the kind of gift that you are - no matter how much i try, no matter how much i flex my romantic muscles, no matter how much the poet in me attempts to give light to you - my perpetual muse.

i doubt that anything will ever be enough - to actually tell you how much of me you have nurtured.  no matter the number of days or years we have spent with each other, i know that i will always wake up to dawns filled with this huge, gaping void - a void that depicts just how much i need to prove - to make you believe and make you realize the kind of love you are worthy of and are worthy for.

however, i am also maimed by the fact that i can only do too much at once.  so allow me to take each day like a grain of salt.  allow me to excise from my heart of all the energy and desire i could each time - and assure you that when i do, i always will be offering a part of my soul - a part i do not suppose i will ever be able to give to anyone else.

all because you have become the stars in my cloudless skies.  all because you have become the dream i do not want to be taken away from.  all because you make me want to do the best that i can so i may hold our reality and case them in your hands.

so you have celebrated another great year.  a year filled with tears and laughter and love and passion.  a year filled with challenges and heartbreaks and heartmends and the faith that we are simply the kind who will stop at nothing to make things count.  and with each second that passes i am convinced that there are more and more people celebrating your presence in their lives - and i happen to be closest to that instant, to that defining moment - and i know i am blessed just because i can witness how the years have made you more resolute, and how the same years will make of you and i the best versions of ourselves.  

i guess all i wanted for you to understand is that - you have made me the luckiest.  and i love you.



No comments:

Post a Comment