Tuesday, December 27, 2011

when it's closing in on you

though i know the last few days have been plagued with so many things negative, i would like to take this tender moment and offer you my thoughts, my heart and myself today. here are sixteen truths i surrender to you:

no more sadness or tears, and every time i feel like my loneliness is going to swallow what hope i have for us, i will think of you, and how you are away from the people you hold dear and i could only imagine what that must be like.

no more doubts or fears, i will anchor my heart to your love and your kindness and know that there is nothing that your embrace cannot vanquish.

no more nights soaked in helplessness, know that my arms never cease aching to cradle you and keep you safe, keep you away from harm.

no more darkness, i will succumb to your light and allow it to break all my disbelief and all my hesitations. i will let it pour itself unto what is unknown and hold on to the reality that i find all the meaning i need to understand in you.

no more recollection of pain, just a steadfast and unrelenting love - a passion that seeks your nearness, a passion that burns under your gaze, a passion that consumes itself with each breath you take.

no more winters, as i will try my hardest every day to fill your life with warmth and desire. every day will be an opportunity for me to show you just how much light you give me that i brim with it and am now able to give it back.

no more conundrum, just the certainty that i need to remain here with you, all because you sustain me, and all because i know we will work together to keep what we have.

no more tragedies, as we afford each other a beginning each time we feel like taking one - all my days start and end with you and i will be with you always, ready to take your hand in case the world gets too suffocating.

no more tolerance, just pure patience. your journey has become my own and in it i have evolved and understood that patience is one of the best things we could ever offer each other.

no more starless skies - i know where ever we are, we are sheathed by the same heaven, and your laughter, your magic, your desire is enough to crowd the night with all the goodness that i need to witness.

no more dread of emptiness, every day that we are together, all the more i realize how blessed i am to be basking in your love, to be full of faith and hope, to be who you run to when you think of yourself too frail to overcome what need be beaten.

no more languor, i will offer you my energy and my courage and take you some place where we can love without bounds and even when our hearts suffer, we will be some place where it can exist without frontiers.

no more rage of misunderstandings, just the calm feeling of your hand clasping mine when we are in the middle of things we cannot wrap our minds around, and our resolve to say 'i love you' even when we are in the midst of a battle.

no more crimson stones along your path, just fragrant flowers to make you remember tulips you once held in your hands, tulips which gave birth to a thousand and one notions of your grace and beauty.

no more impoverished mornings, just sunrises filled with oranges and reds and the sweeping aurora of your smile now drenched with our dreams and our wishes.

no more silence, as we will speak each other's language in touch and in stares. my soul has never sought another's until you. and i know we will never run out of love and enthusiasm to conquer the things that maim us.

happy sixteenth, mahal. be with me for a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment